Friday, February 18, 2011

So then what?

I submerged myself in art!!!! It was 1996, I was already attending Columbia College in Chicago, so I just completely surrounded myself with everything creative I could find! All I cared about was music & art! Going to shows, followed by dancing all night (sober this time around), and spending hours making art & taking photos! I decided to concentrate on photography at school while still taking as many drawing & painting classes as I could! At Columbia I really learned how making art can be very healing! I guess I had never put the two together, but every time I started to create, I could feel a sense of peace, the same peace I find in Reiki!


This is a photo from the very first live show I ever shot! This is Adeet lead singer of Firstborn, a hardcore band from Chicago. I took this weeks after deciding to focus on photography! I found a new passion, one that would change my life forever! I knew my appreciation for my vision would help me convey a unique point of view in this world! I just needed my eyes to cooperate! I knew if PXE was going to affect my sight photography was not the best choice, but I was addicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment